Baby Philippine Passport at DFA Megamall in 45 minutes

We wanted to get Callie a Philippine passport as early as possible. When she was born we had her birth certificate rushed so we can apply for her passport.

passport-processing-DFA-megamall

Before, getting a passport was such a hassle with long lines and scalpers outside. I remember having to be at DFA Pasay by 5AM just to line up to apply for my passport back in the 90s. Such is not the case these days.

Surprisingly, DFA now has satellite offices where you can apply or renew your passport. Since we were near Megamall, that’s where we planned to go. We checked the DFA Megamall site to see what to expect and requirements that we need.

DFA Megamall or DFA NCR East is located at the 7th Floor Megamall Building C. That’s at the top floor of the parking lot building in front of Building A. You can only park up to the sixth floor though.

DFA NCR – East (SM Megamall) is open from 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM (Mondays-Fridays) and 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Saturdays).

Appointments during Saturdays will be considered express processing and will be charged P1,200.

DFA-Megamall

Since Callie is below 1 year old, she doesn’t have to schedule an appointment. The guard just ushered us in ahead of the others and Tia got a number for the window that caters to minors below 1 year olds, senior citizens, OFWs, and people with disability.

DFA-NCR-East

After filling up Callie’s application form, we simply waited. Only took less than 10 minutes before our number was called. All we did was submit Callie’s requirements:

• NSO authenticated birth certificate (yung may dahon sa likod, doesn’t have to be the NSO copy)
  • Copy of mother’s passport
  • Marriage certificate
  • Callie’s application form

[List of passport requirements for different individuals]

Everything’s in order so we lined up to pay the Php1,200 7-day express processing fee. Php950 if you want it in 15 days.

DFA-picture-taking

Next is the picture taking. We were worried because Callie was just 2 weeks old back then and she was asleep. This was the longest portion of the process if it’s for an infant but the DFA staff was really patient and helpful. Kudos to you sir.

He laid down a blue blanket on his desk and I went inside to lay Callie there. She was slightly awake at this time and already crying. We needed a photo where her eyes are open and her mouth close. Hard to do when baby’s hungry and her arms are flailing around. But we did it after so many takes, it took us about 20 minutes to get a usable photo.

Callie-Passport

That’s over and done, on the way outside we were asked if we want to have it delivered to our doorstep. Yes we did so we paid Php120 for courier services via LBC.

After 10 days, we got Callie’s passport. Woot! I say well done DFA NCR East for a fast, and hassle-free service and friendly staffs including the guards.

1. Jera says:

Paano nmn po Kung hind Kmi kasal ng father Nung baby ko at ung epilyedo ng baby ko ay yung father kukunan ko po xia ng passport para mag tourist Kami with his father ano mga requirements pwede ko dalhin paano un

2. Manu says:

Hi
    I am from India, leaving and working in Dubai and have girl friend in Philippines. We have baby girl now and I want to take my baby with me to Dubai and MY GIRL FRIEND AGREED for the same. What is the procedure and what all documents are required from my end to apply passport for the baby. Please assist me….thanks in advance.

3. Charles says:

My girlfriend delivered our baby in the Philippines. She went back here in Australia and left our baby in the capable hands of my parents. Our baby will not be able to enter Australia yet because she is not included as a dependent of our visa. Our baby is just 3 months old and we want her to have a passport. I just can’t understand why would we need to bring babies out in very crowded offices just to get their photos taken? How stupid and insensitive is this process? –just want to get this out of my system

4. Gellen says:

Paano poh Kung Hindi pa kasal at nakaapelyido Sa AMA ung baby?

5. red dayao says:

Hi Mam,
    Tanong ko lang po kasi I want to apply for my daughter’s passport and she is only 2 months old, I dont have the NSO birth certificate since sabi po ng NSO available pa lang daw yun with in 6 months time. Tanong ko lang po kung ano po ito and saan nyo ito nakuha “NSO authenticated birth certificate” as what I have is only the birth certificate of my daughter from Quezon City Hall Records Division. Yun din po ba yun or kailangan ko pang dalhin sa NSO for authentication? Thank you po.

6. Florinda says:

Good day! Ask ko lng sna kc Hindi kami kasal ng father ng baby ko,so gusto ko sya kuhaan ng passport at surname ng father. Wla b kmi mgiging problema sa airport papuntang Dubai.

7. Dulce and Jason says:

Hello po, tanong ko lang sa signature kung ano ang pinagawa sa baby?

8. katcho says:

ung marriage cert ba klangan certified ng nso,tska need pa ba ng affidavit..thanks