How to add a Back to Album link in NextGEN Gallery

NextGEN Gallery by Alex Rabe is a popular plugin for WordPress that allows you to easily manage and showcase your images and photos. I typically use them to insert a series of clickable thumbnailed photos so that I won’t flood my post with lots of images.Back to Album in NextGen Gallery

While working for a client’s site, I found a problem with using Albums with Galleries on it. When you click on a gallery, there’s no link to go back to the album. It’s not found in the Options page and a handful of people are looking for it as well.

Well I found a quick-fix and was able to successfully have a link back to an album with NextGen Gallery. Here’s how I did it:

1. In your Dashboard, go to Plugins > Editor

2. Select NextGEN Gallery as your plugin to edit.

nextgen1

3. Look for the nextgen-gallery/view/gallery.php file on the right side and click on it.

4. Near the bottom, you will see a pagination section. This controls the pages of your gallery. After the closing DIV tag, here’s what I typed.

</div>
<div align=”center” style=”margin-top:10px”>[ <a href=”http://onestep4ward.com/photos/”>Back to Album</a> ]</div>
<?php endif; ?>

Just change the link with your own album link. You can also change the text if you want.

5. Save the file and review your gallery page again.

You have to do this process again if you would update your plugin unless the author puts this feature on the next release.

Thanks to Alex Rabe for creating this awesome plugin!

1. Thanks for the code!
    I use it and make a small implementation:

[ <a href="/PATH-ALBUM-PAGE/”>Voltar para o Álbum ]

2. TubesTime says:

Many thanks for the solution. It is strange that the developer of this plugin has omitted this issue. You are rights sometimes such situation urges you to leave the website at all.

3. Lorenz says:

Thank you!

However, your code is adding “Back to Album” under every gallery. Even if they are on other pages and if you don’t come from the album page.

If somebody has the same problem, here is the solution:

post->ID==”the id of your album page in numbers, eg. 10″): ?>
    [ back to Album ]

4. Lorenz says:

uh, my code was deleted. If you need it, send me a mail: [email protected]

5. Tobias says:

Hi Lorenz,

you could paste your code snippet at http://pastebin.com/ and than share the link with us.

6. Bob says:

Both of those involve worldviews this will let you lot to do with how you see the world
    and may directly affect other areas of your lives.
    As for the rest of the course, it. If you’ve not joined this Filipino gay dating site and they are into Filipino gay men, you are missing out on a whole lot. THE PRICE OF DATING A PERSON WHO IS UNAVAILABLE (Tina.

7. Kevin says:

I have always used this method up until i upgraded to Nextgen version 2. Now I am stuck as this method doesn’t have the nextgen-gallery/view/gallery.php

8. x hamster says:

This article is actually a good one it helps new internet users,
    who are wishing in favor of blogging.

9. Subrata says:

H!,
    Can you please help me to keep “back to album” in nextgen (photocrati) updated plugin as i’m in no where how to do this. Also, how to keep pagination in ablums i mean to say if you have more than 8 albums then you will have a pagination for that. Please help. Thanks in advance….

10. santosh says:

Hi,
    This is the path for adding back to album button for latest version

nextgen-gallery/products/photocrati_nextgen/modules/ngglegacy/view/gallery.php