How to add a Back to Album link in NextGEN Gallery
NextGEN Gallery by Alex Rabe is a popular plugin for WordPress that allows you to easily manage and showcase your images and photos. I typically use them to insert a series of clickable thumbnailed photos so that I won’t flood my post with lots of images.
While working for a client’s site, I found a problem with using Albums with Galleries on it. When you click on a gallery, there’s no link to go back to the album. It’s not found in the Options page and a handful of people are looking for it as well.
Well I found a quick-fix and was able to successfully have a link back to an album with NextGen Gallery. Here’s how I did it:
1. In your Dashboard, go to Plugins > Editor
2. Select NextGEN Gallery as your plugin to edit.
3. Look for the nextgen-gallery/view/gallery.php file on the right side and click on it.
4. Near the bottom, you will see a pagination section. This controls the pages of your gallery. After the closing DIV tag, here’s what I typed.
<div align=”center” style=”margin-top:10px”>[ <a href=”http://onestep4ward.com/photos/”>Back to Album</a> ]</div>
<?php endif; ?>
Just change the link with your own album link. You can also change the text if you want.
5. Save the file and review your gallery page again.
You have to do this process again if you would update your plugin unless the author puts this feature on the next release.
Thanks to Alex Rabe for creating this awesome plugin!